Mt. Marine Baptist Church is located in Kiddsville, a small community of Fishersville, Virginia. This close knit community dates back to the 1870s, when eight families purchased an eleven-acre valley from a gentleman named Kidd.
The official Deed Book 95, page 598, indicates the sale of two lots on November 18, 1878. Samuel and Martha Bondurant sold the Kiddsville properties for the sole purpose of erecting a church and community gravesite. Church Trustees, Wesley Fry, James Brown, Henry Rhodes and Charles Howard, purchased the property for $25.00. The church was built in 1880.
In March of 1981, the Trustees of the church petitioned to have the name changed to Mt. Marine Baptist Church in all official records. The official deed had three different names recorded, Mt. Rain Church, Mt. Merene Church, and Mt. Marine Baptist Church.
Mt. Marine held a Ground Breaking ceremony in December 2001 which initiated the construction of the existing sanctuary. Mt. Marine celebrated its first worship service in the new sanctuary on July 7, 2002, the First Sunday in July.